Вы просматриваете : Uncategorized > Your manuscript must be a concern for publication in Tobacco Control
Your manuscript must be a concern for publication in Tobacco Control
- In the event that video clip shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal stats, writers have to demonstrate that permission is acquired. if your patient permission type had been given to the associated article, you don’t have to produce this once more when it comes to video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing internet sites utilize. Frequently they are standard options from your own modifying computer computer computer software. a guide that is comprehensive available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the website that is hightail. Please through the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number when you look at the message field – this will allow us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your movie has to be gotten by the time you return the corrections for the article evidence, at the really latest. Please be aware that in the event that you don’t precisely label your video clip or you miss out the due date, this might cause delays in book of both your article therefore the video clip.
All video clip abstracts is likely to be examined for suitability by the editorial publication and team is certainly not fully guaranteed. In a few full instances editors may request edits towards the movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article on the internet and additionally published individually in the journal’s YouTube channel. They have been posted underneath the exact exact same copyright terms since the article.
Article processing costs
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers may also elect to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any distribution, page or online-only color figure fees.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please follow this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available as quickly as possible, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs should be very theraputic for the entire research community.
Please find more information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind specs like the needed article lengths, pictures, dining table limitations and guide counts. The phrase count excludes the name web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and references. Manuscripts must be because succinct as you are able to.
For further help when creating your distribution please reference the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. Right right right Here you will discover informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and advertising your paper. You may even desire to utilize the language modifying and interpretation solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be manufactured for this, especially in the scenario of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in general shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits of this instance for extended papers on a basis that is case-by-case but documents more than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper offered the room restrictions associated with the log.
Authors ought to include a area entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key messages from the study the following:
- What exactly is already understood with this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise hawaii of medical knowledge with this topic. Be clear and particular, maybe maybe not obscure.
- Just just What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this subject.
- exactly What this scholarly research adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand due to this research that individuals would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, specific, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations only as required
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are faster variations of original essays, must not surpass 1500 terms, and can even add one figure or table.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication ought to be at the most 500 terms, 10 sources, and another dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted within the log ought to be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not duplicate information offered into the text of a write-up. They ought to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Special communications are documents that do not report initial research information but which give a discussion, analysis, or report on a subject that is particular. Generally speaking these must be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room restrictions.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles provide overview of the literature, usually concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, will include an abstract aided by the after headings: objective, data sources, study selection, information extraction, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports regarding the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start by having a accurate declaration associated with the main goal associated with the review. The main focus with this declaration should really be led by whether or not the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or prevention. It will consist of information regarding the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or result that is being evaluated.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources must be provided, including anytime limitations. Prospective sources consist of professionals or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar proceedings, sources identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In cases where a bibliographic database is utilized, the precise indexing terms employed for article retrieval must certanly be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or peoples topics).
- Study selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as highly relevant to this issue. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The technique accustomed apply these requirements must certanly be specified – as an example, blind review, consensus, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements must certanly be stated.
- Information removal – instructions useful for abstracting data and data that are assessing and legitimacy (such as for instance requirements for causal inference) should always be described. The technique in which the principles had been applied should really be stated: for instance, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – The main link between the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, is stated. Techniques utilized to acquire these outcomes ought to be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes if feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes should really be followed closely by self- self- self- confidence intervals, if relevant, and precise degrees of statistical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of survival characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies professional college paper writers should always be stated, including variations in treatment protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout rates.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications should always be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain associated with review. The necessity for brand brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and recommendations)
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and external peer review.